Discover Our Initiatives
Our Green Initiatives
The Delaney Co. and our company members share in our responsibility to reduce our impact on the environment. We are pleased to say that over the past 10+ years we have taken significant steps in minimizing our environmental impact.
- From our warehouse in Cumming, GA we recycle all scrap metal, including brass, steel, and zinc.
- We have set up multiple "Recycling Stations" throughout our facility and now also recycle aluminum cans, plastic bottles & straps, paper, and cardboard on a weekly basis. We also utilize rain barrels to collect water for cleaning our warehouse floors. Have you seen our shiny clean floors?
- We encourage employees to use refillable water bottles and their favorite coffee mugs.
- Semi-annually we recycle all outdated electronics and computer equipment and recycle all printer & toner cartridges.
- In 2007, Delaney began our "Go Paperless" initiative. We implemented a document solution system that allows us to receive and file most documents electronically. We are pleased to say that we have reduced our paper consumption by over 60% since we began and continue to look for ways to increase this percentage.
- In 2010 we introduced The DELANEY Planeteers Ė committees who focus on challenges faced in a business environment as well as the environment in which we live. One of the first initiatives was an "Office Supply Roundup" ~ which literally restocked our office supply closet from "extras" in desk drawers, further illustrating the benefits of implementing a Reuse, Reduce, Recycle way of thinking.
- In 2012 we continue with our "Go Paperless" initiative. We designed a Pick Ticket that now also serves as a Packing List. Reducing paper use by over 30,000 sheets annually.
- Mother Earth sends out monthly emails with Environmental Tips for the office and at home.
- While The Delaney Co. does not manufacture products domestically, we continue to work with our international factories to identify additional conservation opportunities.
- Our factories recycle metal and reuse treated waste water in their manufacturing facilities & machinery.
- We have switched to bulk packaging for several of our products to further eliminate unnecessary waste.